Free and Low Cost Upskilling and Reskilling Resources with PowerToFly's Amy Trappey
Where to start?!
Many of our relaunchers want to upskill or reskill but they fall into two categories:
- those who want to learn the latest office productivity tools, and
- those who need to upskill in higher level tech knowledge like programming and coding languages, data science, cybersecurity and other technical fields
Join Carol Fishman Cohen for this Q&A session with PowerToFly's Head of Customer Success, Amy Trappey as they walk through each of these categories and discuss specific resources for each.
In this Q&A session, Carol and Amy will discuss the answer to questions such as...
- What skills are you expected to "come to the table" with vs. what skills can you learn on the job?
- What is your opinion on setting up and adding to a GitHub portfolio to archive tech projects from coursework?
- What is GitHub and how does it work? Do you pay for it?
- Do you have suggestions for other options for archiving and featuring technical projects?
- Are there any credentials or skills that are especially valuable or in demand with employers?
- Are there any specific courses or certificates that are highly recommended?
- And more!
Amy Trappey, Head of Customer Success at PowerToFly
Amy Trappey is the Head of Customer Success at PowerToFly-the fastest growing diversity recruiting platform connecting women with Fortune 500 corporations and fast-growing startups. Amy manages a distributed team of 30 and together they combat gender disparity on a worldwide level through innovative HR solutions. Amy truly took advantage of the benefits the remote lifestyle has to offer and traveled to 20 countries over the past year, but has now settled in New York City where she resides with her dog, Biggie.
What is PowerToFly?
PowerToFly is the fastest growing global platform connecting and upskilling underrepresented talent to companies committed to creating a more diverse and inclusive workforce. PowerToFly is a women-led intersectional company, focused on empowering underrepresented talent across all races, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, abilities, veteran statuses and gender identities.