We caught up with Laura to dive a little deeper into her relaunch story and the advice she has for other relaunchers...
Why did you look to Jefferies and iRelaunch to support you in your career journey in 2022? Did anything in particular stand out to you about Jefferies?
- During interviews, I conveyed my skills and passions, securing management's backing for my reentry into Equity Research. The authenticity and appreciation for my experiences stood out in every interaction.
- Opting for the jRETURNS program, the 12-week duration seemed apt for a fit assessment and relicensing.
- Structured orientation, diverse training, and active encouragement to network were pivotal.
- The unwavering support, feedback, and guidance from my manager, team, mentors, and program coordinators defined my immensely positive relaunch journey
What is the best piece of advice for relaunchers? Do you feel that relaunchers should explore which job functions they are most interested in as part of their relaunch journey?
- The podcasts and success stories on iRelaunch are inspirational and a good reminder to be open to the process and approach relaunching as an adventure.
- It might lead you down a path you weren’t considering.
- Every firm has a unique program so be prepared to ask questions and find what works for you.
- Embracing the challenges and being able to articulate how your experiences and skills can add value to a potential employer can help make the journey successful.