We’re going virtual for the 2020 iRelaunch Return to Work Conferences
Here’s what you need to know ...
Here’s what you need to know ...
This is the toughest job market relaunchers have ever faced, and the challenge of relaunching in this environment rests on top of the stress, grief and logistical wrangling our community (and the world beyond) has dealt with every day since the pandemic hit.
At iRelaunch, we have doubled down to focus on how we can best support our relauncher and employer communities, and our mission has never been clearer. The tools, events, thought leadership, and programming that are the foundation of our company, including our flagship iRelaunch Return to Work Conference have been reviewed, updated, enhanced and expanded during this unprecedented time.
For the past 11 years, relaunchers have packed auditoriums from Atlanta to Boston, New York to Palo Alto, for the 26 iRelaunch Return to Work Conferences we have produced to date. You’ve shown us how much you value the Conference – knowing you’ll get the most critical return to work strategies and advice, the opportunity to speak to employer sponsors who want to hire you, and meet fellow relaunchers who understand and support your goals. It is as thrilling to us as it is to you, to spend time together as you entrust us with helping you confidently move forward in your relaunch. Connecting with you at our Conferences is the highlight of our year, as we are a team largely made up of relaunchers who have been in your shoes.
We’re sure you can understand the dilemma we faced when considering what to do about our in-person Conferences planned for later this year in New York, Chicago, and Boston. Over the past couple of months, we’ve watched the news alongside you, spoken with experts, and witnessed a changing world.
As it became clear that we couldn’t risk your safety in an in-person setting, we began a months’-long study of the best way to provide you the excellent Conference experience you’ve come to expect, give you the tools you need to make your relaunch a success, put you in touch with employers who want to hire you, all while putting your health at the top of our priority list. Ultimately, after much consideration, we have decided to move to a virtual iRelaunch Return to Work Conference in 2020.
We are putting all of our efforts into making our virtual Conference a stellar experience for our relauncher participants and employer sponsors in line with the best-in-class standards for which we are known. Here’s a preview of what to expect:
- We will be offering two 2-day virtual Conferences; the first on October 1-2 and the second on November 19 -20, 2020
- We’ve expanded our Conference agenda, providing you with valuable return to work programming in advance of and during the Conference to prepare you to show your “best relaunch self” to our employer sponsors
- We’ve significantly reduced the Conference registration fee, and you will have the opportunity to participate in both Conferences
- We’ve brought back the “Early Bird Discount” for these virtual events, to enable us to further lower your registration cost
- The virtual platform means we can open the Conference to a national audience, no longer confined by physical location
Note your conference registration includes important content that you will start to receive the minute you register to prepare you in the months leading up to these events.
- In advance of the Conference, you will receive training webinars on resumes, interviewing, networking and immediate access to the iRelaunch Return to Work Roadmap
- During the two-day Conference, you will
- hear from iRelaunch Chair and Co-founder Carol Fishman Cohen, iRelaunch Managing Director and former IBM executive Jennifer Howland, and return to work leaders from some of the nation’s largest companies on return to work strategies, what employers are looking for and the latest in return to work programming (live keynote and employer panel discussions)
- attend our popular “Assessing Your Career Options” workshop (live session)
- get top advice from our iRelaunch coaching team (live panel)
- visit with employer sponsor representatives who are hiring relaunchers (live employer booths)
As we all know, the value of in-person interactions will never change, and there are aspects of our Conference that cannot be replicated through a virtual platform. We look forward to safely meeting together again in person when the risk to your good health is not put in jeopardy. In the meantime, we are committed to providing you with the tools you need to return to work, despite the challenges that come our way. Notably, return to work hiring and onboarding, and the hiring and onboarding of employees who do not take career breaks are taking place virtually right now. They are now “mainstream.” So, the virtual Conference experience will give you, our relauncher community, necessary experience and familiarity with virtual platforms that you will need during the job search and once relaunched.
We will share details with you soon! We look forward to partnering on your virtual journey back to work, and we thank you for your continued confidence in iRelaunch.